Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civil Disorder or CIVIL DISORDER?

To: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civil Disorder or CIVIL DISORDER?
From: "martin.mcmahon" <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 18:32:54 +0100

Hello Tomasz no I would not like random civil disorders too,I dont think
anyone would :). What I mean is after the 2nd turn with civil disorder is
over then the chances of one taking place are then so great that one will
take place in the next few turn if something is not done to help the town in
disorder and not that it will take place in turn 3 as a rule.(it might then
again it might be turn 4 ).I would not try to run my nation anyway this long
in disorder just incase I could make it to turn 5 without a revolution,is
just too mush of a risk for me .(I play it safe :) )

On 24-Apr-00, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 24, 2000 at 12:33:28PM +1000, Richard Atkins wrote:
>> On Sun, 23 Apr 2000, martin.mcmahon wrote:
>>
>> Hello Richard just checked the civI book on this and is says"if one or
>> more of your cities are in disorderfor two turns there is a CHANCE each
>> turn thereafter that a revolution may occur." so you can keep ur goverment
>> even after 3 ,4,5 turns with a town in uproar.the most I have seen is 4
>> before I was for the chop.:).
>>
>> So, freeciv needs to have the following things done to make its
>> revolutions compliant:
>>
>> 1) Make it possible to happen on the second turn.
>> 2) Make it a chance of happening, instead of the current "Its turn 3: time
>> for revolution", that increases depending on the number of turns a city
>> has been in disorder, and
>> 3) change the Civil disorder mesage to capitals, to make it clear that
>> this is a *bad thing*.
>> 4) update the help pages to document this.
>>
>> Any takers?
>>     Richard
>

> Please, do NOT make any global random events. Have you ever seen person, who
> was hit by global warming ? This is frustrating. Random revolutions will be
> very frustrating also.

Regards
--
E-mail : martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
E-mail Pager 07713442670@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chat on #Rabble  uk3.arcnet.vapor.com port6667
see http://rabbled.cjb.net

Get Freeciv at http://www.freeciv.org

Member of G.A.U.G (Glasgow Amiga User Group)
gaug-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx