Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reducing city population after unit's successful attac

Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Reducing city population after unit's successful attack
From: "Sam BC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:43:52 -0000

Might be late replying, but why not make them ruleset things, but add the
rulesets to the data available to the client. I realise this may require
some reworking, but my reasoning is thus:

No-one can deny that having options in rulesets is a better way of doing
things - they're already there, you can easily switch to another ruleset as
a game starts (if and when you have others), and so on and so forth. But it
is useful to be able to check, as a client user, what options are being
used.

Perhaps they could be server options, with ruleset entries used to make
default values for each ruleset?

Sam BC