Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: intro.xpm

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: intro.xpm
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:09:48 -0300

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 10:37:20AM +0100, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:

> Thank you, I'd like to have the XCF file (maybe not by mail, but on a
> site where I can download it).

http://terra.fill.com.br/lalo/pix/hnr/freeciv.xcf.gz

If you want the .sav, I can uncover the rest of the map and get
it to you, but I don't think you really need the whole map,
after all only half of the globe will be visible.

> But my idea is to map the map (hmmm, clear ? :o)) on the planet. I was
> told (and I agree) that the continents have no "volume" and it would be
> fun to use the actual trident tileset to design continents on the planet
> on the foreground. What do you think of it ?

This would look profoundly cool, of course. I don't know which
one would make a better t-shirt or a better intro.xpm, but we
have to try to know :-)

Oh folks... don't worry about the number of colors in the
t-shirt and this kind of thing. The company which prints our
(Hack&Roll's) t-shirts is very professional. We send the images
to them as TIFF. We must keep the number of colors low, but the
Gimp can do this without spoiling the image (we have a
professional here specialized in doctoring images, so I'm not
afraid). I'll ask how many colors we can actually use, but I
don't think the t-shirt should be a factor in intro.xpm-related
decisions.

Then I'll try to get free t-shirts to Alexandre and whever the
project leader is by the time they're out :-) I can't
promise... the shirts themselves are easy, but international
shipping costs kill.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                 pgp key in the personal page

Debian GNU/Linux            ---            http://www.debian.org
Brazil of Darkness        ---       http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar