Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fog of war

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue.kristensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: martin <martin.mcmahon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fog of war
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:05:28 +0000

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 10:01:01PM +0100, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> Now that I am sending an email anyway I will mention a few cool ideas:
> Implementing watch towers and radar tovers at some point. Settlers can build
> these and when build they give you information as if you had a unit on the
> square. Watch tower gives normal sight range, and radar tower gives sight
> range
> like fx a destroyer.

Nice. Presumably these can be pillaged, which would make pillage more
useful than it is now. Or maybe even captured...

> Giving bigger cities bigger sight ranges. 9+ cities should have a
> sight range of 3 (one bigger than a destroyer) and 13+ cities should
> have a sight range of 4.

Do normal cities have range 2?  (I haven't tried the patch yet). They
should, IMO.

> Also when alliences are implemented I will be possible to share sight range
> with other players directly, ie all things you can see are automatically sent
> to him.

Only, IMO, if you have sufficient tech.  Radio, or something.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable