[Freeciv-Dev] Re: It's a game already!

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: It's a game already!
From: "Dan Ward" <danward2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 20:24:49 -0000

Finally a voice of reason. In case anyone's in any doubt Freeciv is a game
not a history book; it's supposed to be fun.

Splitting the game up into historical, ancient & modern civilisations is a
really bad idea; IMO mixing eras was one of the reasons that made PayCiv
great. In what way does this arbitrary separation make the game more fun the
play?

On the subject of city & civ names I'd suggest sticking to names that are
generally identifed with a particular civ in particular I can see no benefit
in renaming the Chinese to Han or English to Anglo Saxon expecially as the
latter is very non-PC.

BTW are civilisations hard coded into the game or can we just drop new ones
in without recompiling?

Dan Ward