[Freeciv-Dev] Re: city names (was: It's a game already!)

To: Tobias Brox <tobiasb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: city names (was: It's a game already!)
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:54:43 +0000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 06:02:45PM +0100, Tobias Brox wrote:

> Generating random svada:
>
> - Start with a random sequence.
> - Pick a random following character, but weighted according to the
> frequency count.
> - Deal with text formatting and ending
>
> Oh, I almost feel like making this once more, this time in perl....

One of the examples distributed with perl (is it called 'parody') does
exactly this trick, but 'lifted' to the level of words, not letters.

Personally I think it will work best at a more syllable level..

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable