[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Capitalization bug/feature

To: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Capitalization bug/feature
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 01:51:54 -0600

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 05:46:29PM +0000, Jules Bean wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jan 2000, Tony Stuckey wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 02:44:53PM +0100, Daniel Zinsli wrote:
> > > I imagine someone that has 7-800 shield stock switching to armor,
> > > producing 1 per turn the next 10 turns. Too powerful IMO :-)
> >
> >     No, the proper way to do this is to stockpile 10 Caravans/Freight,
> > and disband them to put their entire production points toward the unit
> > being built.
>
> Doesn't disbanding only get you 1/2?  Or am I mistaken?

        I ran right home after work and tested this to make sure.
        Civ1 gives no shield bonus for disbanding at all.
        Civ2 gives 1/2 shield value.  The only exception is caravans
joining a wonder.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."