Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] easy AI is too hard (PR#11)

To: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] easy AI is too hard (PR#11)
From: "beraud" <berauda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:51:19 +0200

Peter Schaefer wrote:
>One good point that has been made that there is no peaceful AI,
>and that some of the AI players should wish for a peaceful victory
>(spaceship). Peaceful AI would also conduct diplomacy
>(and give / take money).
>How about handling the fast researching AI this way:
>Easy ai 'cheats' and looks up the total researchpoints by
>the other players, as compared to it's own. If the AI is ahead by more
that
>2 technologies, it raises tay rate and saves money.
>Now what to do with the surplus money ? Maybe have the AI give money to

>all other players ( With appropriate messages ).
>Think you can do that, Alex ?

No. I even can't finish my tileset in time, so I won't have time to do
it.
Moreover, as I explained it, I don't know Freeciv's code enough to
put my hands in it and do something clean :o(
However, your ideas are not bad. But I would rather a more gradual
system, so that the player could have the choice between something like
7 or 8 difficulty levels.

Regards,

Alex