Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] easy AI is too hard (PR#11)

To: brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] easy AI is too hard (PR#11)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 15:51:59 -0500

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 01:03:59AM -0700, brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>    going on the test. Brunus has reported a victory against easy AI ! It
> was the first time he win against AI. He was very happy to discover
> railroad. The problem seems now to be that there is a too big gap
> between easy and normal. One solution will be to be able to set
> directly game.level. After modify ai_fuzzy to
> level 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    9   10
> fuzzy 300 250 200 150 100 50  0  0   0  0

        It's easy to make an AI that any fool could beat.  Simply don't
allow it to build Settlers.  The limited army that could be fielded with
only 1-2 cities won't be much of a challenge for even the most novice
players.
        We need to discuss what behaviors people want to see, then work
towards coding them.

        All this worrying about whether the Easy AI is easy enough could
instead be put to productive work on the Hard AI.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.