Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv graphics and overhead view

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv graphics and overhead view
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 10:47:03 +1100

Reinier Post wrote:
> > I think you'll get used to it. SimCity/2000/3000 have the same sort of
> > display and it is usable. The XCom games are also hard to navigate until you
> > get used to it.
>
> OK, but is it ever *more* useable than a plain 2D grid?

It is if you have a third dimension. You can't use a single 2D grid, and
switching between several will be more difficult than a single 3D view.
FreeCiv doesn't have a third dimension so 3D maps are only visually
appealling rather than functional. Which is why I'd like to see them as an
option.

Regards,
Steve Hodge