Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:41:13 +0100

> Peter Schaefer wrote:
>
> [ building settler to disband city ]
>
> > Ouch, no more options :-)
>
> In this case, I agree.  Just have that if a size 1 city builds
> a settler, the city is removed.

Please, NO!  This bugged me to no end in Civ I.  Also, it adds a new
'scorched earth' tactic to the game (you can disband small cities that
would be almost free for the enemy to take).  Two changes to the game's
rules with some impact, which is why I'd like to see a server option to
allow users to disable it.

> > I'd prefer if it was an additional build option which was active for size
> > 1-3 cities:
> > Settler(and disband city)
>
> Yuck!  That's even worse than an extra server option! :-)

I'd like to have a three-way client 'message option':

  - always disband city for settler
  - never (current behaviour)
  - always ask

--