Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions

To: don@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions
From: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 22 Jan 1999 09:06:41 +0100

don@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I've come up with some more ideas. (groan)
>
> First of all, perhaps making the enter key on the keypad end the turn isn't
> the best idea. The keypad is necessary to move diagnally, and it's a bit too
> easy to accidently end the turn. (Whereupon I check when I saved last...)
> Perhaps a confirmation if it's really necessary?

You can use the "Freeciv*mapcanvas.translations" resource to remap the
keyboard; copy it from data/Freeciv, remove the line with
"<Key>KP_Enter:" (I remove the line with "<Key>e:"), and run xdrb.

> Secondly, it seems to be possible to activate units with 0 moves left via
> city menus, but not directly. A previously moved unit may need to be given
> future movement commands.

I second this; a simpler way to give "goto" commands to units with 0
moves left would be nice.

> There doesn't appear to be any way to disband a city.

I think disbanding cities should be possible, but it should be slow
and expensive.  The best I thought of is: if a city of size 1 is
completing a settler, you get a choice of
    1) delaying completion, like now
    2) completing the settler and eliminate the city

Regards,
        Massimo