Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions

To: don@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 09:24:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999 don@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> [message popup being inconsistent]
> David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > Yes, I actually did this deliberately, though I was a bit uncertain
> > because you're right that its not consistent.
>
> I always want both center and popup, so I can see where on the continent
> the city is. But I agree that having the two be seperate is probably the
> correct although inconvenient behavior. Unless maybe a third button "center
> and popup" (although buttons are cheap, it seems to be a bit out of place).
> The only other option would be to make one of the two be the "center and
> popup" button.

  As "center and popup" is probably something you either want almost
all the time or almost never, it might make a lot of sense to have a
preferences setting for "center on popup city (yes/no)".

  Not that I'm writing any code for it or anything though...

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |                                                   |
                       { }        "Faggot clown powers indeed...."         { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }                - Darph Bobo, the Dark Clown,    { }