Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: freeciv suggestions
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 23:27:44 +0100

> The best I thought of is: if a city of size 1 is
> completing a settler, you get a choice of
>     1) delaying completion, like now
>     2) completing the settler and eliminate the city

Seems perfect to me, if (as alwys) a server variable is available to
control it.  This makes me wonder of the civstyle variable.  At the moment,
is it used at all?

My preferred use would be this: everything vonfigurable is configurable by
means of separate server options; the civstyle option is a 'meta' option that
sets a bunch of server variables to certain defaults.

As a matter of fact, I would prefer to see it disappear altogether:

  server/civserver -r civIstyle.civcmds

is available already.

--
Reinier