Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names.
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 03:59:15 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, David Pfitzner wrote:

> Not sure what we should do about this; making the message
> "can't attack there" more informative would help.
> (Or the ruling about when Diplomats can do actions is not set
> in stone either.)

The way less than 1 MP left is handled for normal units, it that their attack
strength is reduced.  e.g.  if a unit with attack 9 only has 2/3 MP left, it
attacks at a 6.  Why not do the same thing for diplomats, give them a smaller
chance of sucess for less <1 MP left.

IMHO, the client should pop up a dialog saying "Your unit has less than 1 MP
left, this reduces to one/two thirds normal, continue?" Yes/No/Don't show again
Most new players probably don't know about this rule.