Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names

To: mjd@xxxxxxxxxx (Mitch Davis)
Cc: rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names.
From: Rizos Sakellariou <rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 23:57:11 -0600 (CST)

> > Finally, it looks like when i enlarge the freeciv XWindow on my screen
> > so that it covers more than approximately 60% of the height of the screen,
> > the bottom line of the map (i.e., the south pole) becomes invisible
> > (even though it is `discovered') and this doesn't change unless the height
> > is reduced! I wonder what may cause this - everything is ok when the height
> > remains within a certain limit.
>
> I haven't heard of this problem before, so I suspect this is a
> new one.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Ok - i checked this further and the problem occurs because the map squares
are displayed starting from the top line. This is fine except when one needs
to display the bottom line of the map (ie South Pole). Then, if the size of
the map window corresponds to, say, 8.1 map squares, the map will fully show
the 8 squares above the South Pole and only 10% of the South Pole line.

--rizos