Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names

To: Rizos Sakellariou <rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names.
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 15:50:12 +1100

Rizos Sakellariou wrote:

> I have discovered freeciv a couple of weeks ago and i have had already
> quite fun with it - congratulations for the good work!

Thanks!!  And thanks for reporting these problems.

> I wonder whether it is sensible to allow a player ending up with
> negative points in the technology being researched. This may occur
> when a penalty due to diplomacy/free_tech/conquest_of_city is subtracted
> from the player's current research points

I believe this problem has been fixed.

> On some occasions, when a diplomat reaches a city and the popup menu
> appears and a selection is made, there is no action after that (meaning
> that nothing occurs and no message appears explaining why).

I suspect this problem has been fixed as well.

> Finally, it looks like when i enlarge the freeciv XWindow on my screen
> so that it covers more than approximately 60% of the height of the screen,
> the bottom line of the map (i.e., the south pole) becomes invisible
> (even though it is `discovered') and this doesn't change unless the height
> is reduced! I wonder what may cause this - everything is ok when the height
> remains within a certain limit.

I haven't heard of this problem before, so I suspect this is a
new one.  Can anyone else confirm this?

Now, we're currently aiming to make a new release of Freeciv soon,
and some or all of these problems have been fixed.  If you'd
like to try it out, we'd appreciate the feedback.

You can find a daily snapshot of the most recent version here:

  http://www.freeciv.org/latest.html

Please let us know how you go.

> PS: As a small contribution, i updated the greek city names.
>     The relevant part follows:

Thanks for the names.  Your ability to name these has nothing
to do with your name, does it?? :-)

Regards,

Mitch.
--