Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names

To: mjd@xxxxxxxxxx (Mitch Davis)
Cc: rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Some remarks (bugs?) and an update of greek city names.
From: Rizos Sakellariou <rizos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 03:38:32 -0600 (CST)

> > I wonder whether it is sensible to allow a player ending up with
> > negative points in the technology being researched. This may occur
> > when a penalty due to diplomacy/free_tech/conquest_of_city is subtracted
> > from the player's current research points
>
> I believe this problem has been fixed.

Nope! I've downloaded and compiled (without too much hassle although
on Solaris!) the Nov.30th version and the problem still exists.
Anyway, i fixed it - what is really needed is to modify
do_dipl_cost, do_free_cost, and do_conquer_cost
in server/plrhand.c as follows:

void do_dipl_cost(struct player *pplayer)
{
  int penalty=(research_time(pplayer)*game.diplcost)/100;
  if (penalty < pplayer->research.researched)
     pplayer->research.researched -= penalty;
  else
     pplayer->research.researched=0;
}

void do_free_cost(struct player *pplayer)
{
  int penalty=(research_time(pplayer)*game.freecost)/100;
  if (penalty < pplayer->research.researched)
     pplayer->research.researched -= penalty;
  else
     pplayer->research.researched=0;
}

void do_conquer_cost(struct player *pplayer)
{
  int penalty=(research_time(pplayer)*game.conquercost)/100;
  if (penalty < pplayer->research.researched)
     pplayer->research.researched -= penalty;
  else
     pplayer->research.researched=0;
}

> > On some occasions, when a diplomat reaches a city and the popup menu
> > appears and a selection is made, there is no action after that (meaning
> > that nothing occurs and no message appears explaining why).
>
> I suspect this problem has been fixed as well.

i'm not sure - it seems to me that it occurred again... but have to check
that further...

--rizos