Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals

To: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals
From: Raahul Kumar <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 05:25:46 -0700 (PDT)

--- Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> completely from the server, and that clients get the possibility of an
> omniscience cheat.

Ack. Why do you want to give the clients omniscience?

> An important step is to move the goto code into the client. Also, the
> current CMA agent will split out its core calculations for use in
> client-side AI that do not use agents.

Good.

> The final directory structure should look like this:
>
>  client/agents           - this is agent territory
>  client/ai       - this is where AI implementations go
>  client/ai/common  - this is where common AI code should go

What exactly are you going to put here? Not just a simple move of all
AI code in common to here is it?

>  client/ai/XYZ/          - AI implementation named XYZ
>
>  server/         - no AI code allowed

I assume this includes warmap code. What is the plan for migration?

> We also need to give the current AI a name to prepare for a multitude
> of AI clients. Suggestions welcome.
> =====

Original, Syela, kludge ;), Standard AI(StdAI), Default AI(DefAI), etc.

Aloha,
RK.

At first sight, the idea of any rules or principles being superimposed on the
creative mind seems more likely to hinder than to help, but this is quite
untrue in practice. Disciplined thinking focuses inspiration rather than
blinkers it. -G.L. Glegg, "The Design of Design"