Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 12:19:08 +0200

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 12:56:40AM -0400, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> Note there is a difference between a Freeciv AI designed to provide a
> challenge to a standalone player and

> the client agents project to do extensive but menial computations
> that assist human players. The latter are a completely different
> type of beast whose intelligence capabilities are (hopefully)
> provided from an external source.

Yes the agents doesn't have buildin intelligence. Or more formal
speaking: the user has to provide the utility function which says how
good a given result state should be viewed.

At point up in the hierarchy there will/should/may be some
intelligence. I have no ideas how this turns out but I'm pretty sure
that this level is above the management of a single city. The
parameter to manage a single city are only a few.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "These download files are in Microsoft Word 6.0 format. After