Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: May 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Per I Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: long-term ai goals
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 19:25:23 +0200

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:54:28AM -0400, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:

> Okay!!!
>
> At 12:50 PM 02/05/25 +0200, Per I Mathisen wrote:
> >On Sat, 25 May 2002, Ross W. Wetmore wrote:
> >> Random errors in the code are a result of poor programming, period.

> >> Any AI worth its salt has to deal with partial and inconsistent data.

I agree. But this make the task more difficult (and more
challenging).

There were this problems with the CMA where the client didn't get the
correct trade value of the city at the other end of the trade
route. If the CMA didn't get the correct value it would have to ask
the server (a hundred times). Slow very slow. Also note that there is
no way to sanely calculate the final values of our city if we know
that the trade value of the other city is normal distributed with
mean=9.81 and variance of foo. It just explodes in complexity.

No for now I stick with the idea that the data is always correct but
maybe obsolete.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  "Real Users find the one combination of bizarre