Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop
From: Robert Bottorff <robotto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 10:35:08 -0600

jeffrey l koehn wrote:
> Did Your laptop come with Windows on it or did it
> come with Linux on it?
> If it came with Windows on it than I think it was
> sold as a Windows laptop.
> Spend the money and get a Linux laptop.
> You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear.

this logic does not seem correct to me.

would you say the same for desktops rather than laptops?

the pc i'm working with right now has a sticker on the
front of the pc saying it was designed for win pro 2k,
win nt or win98. each of the OS mentioned are different.
fact of the matter is, this pc has never had a microsoft
OS running on it while i used it, since as soon as i
received it from the manufacturer i installed linux.

the pc has worked great as a linux desktop ever since ....

i guess the cliche i'd use is:
don't make a mountain out of a molehill,
in order to see the forest rather than the trees.