Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop
From: Robert Bottorff <robotto@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 12:08:48 -0600

i wish i knew what i was doing . . .

i know i don't want to spend any of my hard earned $
on computer stuff that doesn't work or is out-dated quickly,
or that's too difficult to use 'out of the box,' and i think that's part
of what this thread is about . . . .

i've got a windows box next to the linux box
mentioned earlier; i think i turned the windows
box on maybe twice in the last four months ....

i could have dual partitioned the now linux box,
but the windows box was given to me, so it was a 'free' computer,
and it already had windows on it, and i need it to do
the stuff the windows users do; you know, if i leave the
windows box on, i get to reboot every day -- that's something
i suppose all windows users are familiar with.

i can just leave the linux box on to do 'regular' computer
stuff on an on-going stable basis, but sometimes i do
use windows because it IS easier.

does that make sense?