Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...
From: Glenn Wiens <gwiens@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 17:25:34 -0500

Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Whether you believe in a god or not, though, there
> are many other theories of creation--both religious and secular.  Perhaps
we
> should all take a look at some of them, instead of this stupid
> trench-warfare between the two most common theories--neither of which
holds
> any water.

I realize that the science we currently use is incomplete as it will always
be. And like evolution, science takes many dead ends. But it is all of these
posturings that yield new paradigms. And they are all based on reproducible,
measureable things. What we believe today will tomorrow look stupid in one
light, but could also be looked at as a necessary step to tomorrows
realizations. The value of scientific theory is it's usefulness as a model
to help us understand the world around us.

So, I'm curious as to what other viable theories you are referring to. Are
you suggesting something like Rupert Sheldrake's morphic fields?

Glenn