Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...
From: Bruce Alderman <baa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:32:48 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, John Reinke wrote:
>that this article was a slashdot.org story a few days ago [1]. I'd
>guess that a majority of the readers came to the conclusion that it
>really was a hoax. Yes, there are fundamentalists/extremests who
>would probably believe everything in the article, because they, well,
>believe everything in articles like this.

I think the telltale sign proving it is a hoax is that it provides
actual links to the web sites of the people and organizations it
condemns.  A REAL fundamentalist site wouldn't dare make it so easy for
its readers to access sites of the "forces of darkness", lest the weaker
members of the flock be led astray.

Several people have commented that a site like this gives Christianity a
bad name; I think that is its intent.

--
Bruce Alderman                                baa@xxxxxxxxxx
                 http://www.intcon.net/~baa