Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux and Creationism...
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 00:49:27 -0500

In my boredome this evening, I wrote an email to the "author" of the
article... pointing out flaws in an (of course) serious-ish tone.  I thought
I'd see if there's really any breathing person behind it who might reply...
and if so... I'd like to see HOW the reply. :)

-- Jonathan

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 12:32:48AM -0600, Bruce Alderman wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, John Reinke wrote:
> >that this article was a slashdot.org story a few days ago [1]. I'd
> >guess that a majority of the readers came to the conclusion that it
> >really was a hoax. Yes, there are fundamentalists/extremests who
> >would probably believe everything in the article, because they, well,
> >believe everything in articles like this.
>
> I think the telltale sign proving it is a hoax is that it provides
> actual links to the web sites of the people and organizations it
> condemns.  A REAL fundamentalist site wouldn't dare make it so easy for
> its readers to access sites of the "forces of darkness", lest the weaker
> members of the flock be led astray.
>
> Several people have commented that a site like this gives Christianity a
> bad name; I think that is its intent.
>
> --
> Bruce Alderman                                baa@xxxxxxxxxx
>                  http://www.intcon.net/~baa
> "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle."
>                                        - Philo of Alexandria

"Who the h*** wants to hear actors talk?" -- H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers,
1927