Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:48:31 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> I'm one of the perhaps rare few that thinks Linux as a mainstream desktop IS
> is silly.  It's a server OS, and should remain one... but whatever.  As long

I don't think it's silly, but I do think it's a lot further off than many
Linux fans think.

Unix has been a workstation OS for years and years... no reason that Linux
shouldn't be capable of running workstations.  It just won't be adequate
for least-common-denominator end-user desktop deployment until it has the
apps everyone wants/needs.

I believe this will be achieved for the home market when Intuit ports
Quicken to Linux.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
I was internet when internet wasn't cool.