Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: [aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?
From: Matt Pankratz <mattp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:28:27 -0600 (CST)

I had not heard about the defections from RH.

The main reason I have concerns about this is from the server side.  RedHat, at
least from my experience and reading, has the most pervasive "enterprise"
market-share.  IBM and others have formed alliances to bring LINUX
(specifically RedHat) into the enterprise server OS realm.

I'd rather see AOL go after Mandrake which seems to me to be positioned to
the "average" user desktop market.

And, I may be wrong on this... Didn't Microsoft buy ICQ?

Anyway, thanks Jeff for your opinions.  It's been a bit slow on the discussion
list lately...

-Matt