Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:45:16 -0600

I've used just about every brand you can think of. The most compatable seem
to be those with the light green dye -- TDK, Imation, PNY, and CompUSA
Branded discs.  We've burned hundereds of the CompUSA discs at the Saturday
Sale, and have only had a handful of discs that people said wouldn't work. I
think it comes down to what you are using the discs for.  For long term
archival use I wouldn't use generic discs, but for most everything else, I
don't have a problem with the cheaper discs.  As long as you handle them
with the proper care, and don't leave them sitting in the sun, any disc will
probably last 5 years.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx