Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:28:34 -0600

Just a word of warning re: compgeeks.com.

In the past I've had good experience with them, but my most recent order has
convinced me never to buy anything else from them.

1) I ordered (amoung other things) a video card.  The order arrived, and the
video card was not in the package... the static bag and manual was, but no
vid card.  It took me about 8 phone calls, 3 e-mails, and 4 months to get
them to agree to refund me for the video card they never shipped.

2) As part of the same order, I ordered a used P60 system.  It did arrive...
but the CPU inside the case was loose and rattling around--as a result a
good number of the pins were broken.  Also, the keyboard that came with the
system was covered in some nasty grease.

3) The box containing the order had 3 or 4 'trash' items... some torn paper,
an empty roll of packing tape, etc.

I've just decided they're rather unprofessional, and I'm not willing to wait
another 4 months for them to fix an order if they get another one wrong.