Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations
From: Greg House <ghouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:02:00 -0600

I've had similar good luck with them. I've placed dozens of orders with them
over the last 3-4 years and I don't remember anything ever being messed up.
Got a case with a DOA floppy in it once, which they promptly replaced (cross
shipped me a new one).

But.. I haven't ordered anything from them in 6 months or so. My friend
bought some SIMMs from them awhile back that were bad. We put them in 3
different motherboards (different brands of mobos even...) and they wouldn't
even show up. Comp Geeks jacked him around on returning them, claiming the
memory was fine, just "incompatible with his motherboard". Well, if so, they
needed to provide the name of a motherboard it'd work in 'cause as far as I'm
concerned it was cooked before he got it. They finally did refund his money,
but charged him a 15% restocking fee, which I thought was bogus. That one
deal totally soured my friend on mail order/internet purchases. He won't buy
anything except from a local dealer now.

Greg

On Wednesday 14 February 2001 07:31, you wrote:
> John -
>
> When were these orders placed?
>
> Every order that I have placed with them in the past two years have come on
> time (with in ten days of placing the order) in clean packaging with every
> item ordered in the package....
>
> My most recent was placed the first week in January when they were in
> middle of moving to a new warehouse....
>
> --David

"Wow, I didn't know being a super hero could be so painful."