Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: memory issues (was: Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommend

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: memory issues (was: Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations)
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:38:52 -0600

Oh, okay, SIMMS. In those cases, you have to make sure that both are EDO or
both FPM of the same size. Mixing them will not work on anything but a few
ancient 486's. That said, you were probably correct in that they were just
defective. I've run into all manners of wierdness related to RAM. And there
are motherboards out there that are just plain picky about RAM. Intel
chipsets are more forgiving that VIA's.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx