Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: February 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: CD-R and ATX case vendor recommendations
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:38:33 -0600

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:47:18AM -0800, Maverick wrote:

> Hi,
>    My CDRW drive is Yamaha 8x4x32 scsi interface, it
> works extremely nice on linux and windows, I think I
> paid about $130 white box from ebay. The CD media I
> would recommend to record data using the blue dye(the
> bottom), since the price should be really cheap, I
> don't use the blue one burn music, I would strong
> recommend using silver or gold. I have a lot of silver
> and it works perfect which is a bit higher price than
> the blue one, and of course, it works great on data.

Thanks, that's the drive I'm looking at in the future, but I asked about
what media is prefered :-).

> I would check on ebay see you can get the right price
> for the CD media and case.

However, while this is all good information, please tell me which brand
name/model number you prefer as it is difficult to figure this out when
the disk is wrapped inside the display wrapping.  I'm leaning toward the
Sony disks to start, any reason why I should reconsider?

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "None can love freedom
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | heartily, but good