Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: DNS-domain name for home network?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: DNS-domain name for home network?
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:38:13 -0500

The primary DNS server in the unix world is bind. My guess is that Red
Hat comes with a version of bind. While configuring bind is not a
particularly difficult thing, it takes a bit of understanding how DNS
works and understanding the configuration files. The "DNS and BIND"
book from O'Reilly is good. Also, I'm sure there are some HOWTOs out
there. Beyond that, I could probably give you some examples if needed.