Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: What!!!!!!

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: What!!!!!!
From: Michael Holmes <maholmes@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:04:42 -0500

this was on the screen after I down loaded mail.  I was doing nothing else!
The cut and paste, was me trying to get it off the screen to vim, so I could
email it, I did not know how to directly email the screen, so I cut the error
messages from the screen and opened a file in vim and pasted it there and then
emailed it.

All I did was dial up, download mail and then drop out of xwindows, and there
was the screen full of this

On Thu, 25 May 2000, you wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2000, Michael Holmes wrote:
>
> > Enclosed is a text file left on the screen after I had email
> > trouble, can anybody figure out what was up, do Ineed to
> > reinstall?
>
> No, you don't need to reinstall.
> Looks like some errors got cut & pasted into the commandline
> accidentally, and then something attempted to convert a pdf file
> into a postscript one. Unfortunately, the process didn't protect
> the filename, which contains a space, from the shell, and so 'gs'
> ends up getting confused.  Try renaming the file to be converted.
>

> -jeff
> --
> Elian Gonzalez, a 6-yr-old Cuban boy, is the subject of a bitter internat'l
> custody battle. What do you think?  "Elian should be allowed to stay. It would
> be good for Miami to get a little splash of Cuban culture." Donna Keegan,
> School Psychologist. http://www.theonion.com/onion3546/wdyt_3546.html

Michael A. Holmes