Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Finally! mail with linux
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:17:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 24 May 2000, Bruce Bales wrote:

> I would like to try a text based mail program to see just how it would look
> and
> feel.  I can't visualize looking back thru 50 or 100 e-mails in text mode for
> the
> one from "Charley" last Christmas to get his address or try to re-read what he
> said about Aunt Tillie.

grep "Charley" ~/mail/oldmail |grep "Dec " |more

Can't get much easier.  One of the great things about using a traditional
text-oriented Unix mail reader is that the Unix mailbox formats are
human-readable text and there are lots of utilities available to
manipulate them.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
ERROR: Unable to comprehend lame tagline.