Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: SORRY! Re: DNS TEST

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: SORRY! Re: DNS TEST
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 23:35:46 -0500

(1) I wished that I was running a LINUX box but I have tried to install on
four difft computers that I have and due to a lack of device drivers could
not get some piece of hardware either built-in on the motherboard or other
wise to work (other than modems they all but one are running Win.Modems)

I read this email group to learn about Linux and while at times it really
goes off on strange angles of topic, that little bit of strange info might
come in handy some day.

(2) I am sorry that I asked what to me seems like a simple request to run a
trace route DNS trace from your ISP so help prove to me and help me have a
little bit more fire power to get the DNS server working correctly again.

I do want to say THANKS to Matt Pankratz for this web tool found at:
http://www.merit.edu/ipma/tools/trace.html

This tool was a really big help in proving the point..

--David