Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: April 2003:
[linux-help] Re: hardware help Off Topic

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: hardware help Off Topic
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 18:38:46 -0500

* bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx> [2003 Apr 06 18:09 -0500]:

> But you can't say no to a friend, I guess.

It's difficult, but I finally found it necessary to say "no" many times.
Since I support the machines at work, some enterprising folks believe we
(myself and the other tech) are their free tech support.

At least one won't take "no" for an answer, so he dragged a TV set in one
day that he wanted me to work on.  I wouldn't do the work, but I did
loan him the tools and had an entertaining (for myself, at least) time
instructing him on the disassembly.  Especially fun was warning him of
the 40 kV flyback transformer as he reached down into the set for one of
those deeply resessed screws.  Unfortunately, his hair didn't curl or
his eyes light up and he's still alive although the TV is a goner.  :-P

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and