Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:29:53 -0500

Well, I sure wouldn't throw the disk away. Can you replace the
disk temporarily with another?  One GB would probably be enough
to get a minimal system on and that would give you a better
idea of where the problem is.  1.6GB will let you add Xwindows.

It would be good to go through the bios setup.  I have heard of
trouble when the automatic shutdown is enabled.

Can you install windows or dos on the drive?

Could you replace the memory.  RH7.2 only requires 32MB and I
suppose 7.3 is about the same.

Can you get a RH6.2 CD?  6.2 seemed easier to install than 7.2
to me.

Hope this helps,
bruce