Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Linux has errors on setup

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Linux has errors on setup
From: "Jami" <pczone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 03:26:15 -0600

I am trying to install Linux for about the 20th time on my machine, this is a
new machine, with an AMD XP 1700 Processor, and 512K DDR memory.  this Box has
a 120 Gig Hard drive.
On set up, it keeps giving me Errors, I would tell you what errors I get, but
it gives me new ones every time.  Most of the time it says that Linux can not
install such and such file, but occasionally, it comes to in and wants to debug
it.  Almost every time results in the same thing happening, Linux installation
Stops.  I have been successful with getting it on 3 times now, and all three
times it never boots into Linux.  after the boot up page is gone the screen
sets there and flashes for probably 5 to 10 minutes, then shuts down.  Any
suggestions as to what is causing this?