Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 11:03:41 -0500

Notice I said "Don't type expert."  Apparently RH7.2 Linux does
have a problem recognizing the amount of memory 'available'
when some of it is shared with the video card.  I had three
identical machines (800MHz Athlon with 60GB disk and 128MB
memory) which refused (most of the time) to install RH7.2.
They all installed perfectly and have been running 24/7 for
eight months after I used "Linux mem=64m" to start the install.

RH7.0 and 7.1 didn't have this problem, but lacked some of the
drivers I needed.

I appreciate the warning and information about using "expert."
I did try expert one time, but soon found out I was not an
expert.
bruce