Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux has errors on setup
From: bruce <bbales@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:27:09 -0500

Jami,
You didn't give any information on release (RH7.3?), machine
(old Compaq?), CPU (486 Intel?).

I had a similar problem installing RH 7.2 on a SIS box with AMD
Athlon 800 MHZ CPU.   I got it to install using "linux mem=64m"
to start the install.  Even though I had 128m of memory, part
of it was used by the graphics card and "linux mem=128m" didn't
work for me.

This is fairly common - after I posted my question and got the
answer, I got nine emails asking if I had a solution.  I posted
the solution several places in about February.  Let me know if
this works.
bruce