Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Unable to Connect to the Internet

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Unable to Connect to the Internet
From: "Jami" <pczone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:37:18 -0500

To add more injury to my already growing hatred toward Linux, due to the set up
problems I had, and having to throw away a 120 gig Hard drive because Linux
would not install on it, I finally got it toinstall, but now I am unable to
connect to the internet.  I am able to browse the network here, and I am able
to ping the machine from within the network, but it will not connect out to the
internet.  My ip address is set to the right address that machine has to have,
subnet mask is the same as all other machines, and default gateway is correct
for the internet.  I have tried use Mozilla, and Konqueror as the browsers.
Any suggestions as to why I can not Browse the internet?