Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet
From: "James O. Harms" <joharms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:13:32 -0500

Jami wrote:

> (SNIP)
> and having to throw away a 120 gig Hard drive because Linux would not install
> on it, (SNIP)

Are you serious??  If the drive is working, Linux can be installed on it.  If
you still have the drive, throw it this direction, and I'll put linux on it
for you.

As for your internet problems, I assume you are using cable modem or such.  (I
was unable to find a post where you mentioned your connection.)  If you are
using dialup, use kppp (in the KDE network package) and save yourself a lot of
trouble.

--joh