Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2002:
[linux-help] Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Unable to Connect to the Internet
From: "Matt Pankratz" <mattp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:51:55 -0500 (CDT)

Jami said:

> Not sure what to use as a name server, the router here assigns the Ip
> Address, and machines that have a fix Ip log into it, this machine is
> one that has a fixed Ip address.  I have tried using DHCP with this
> machine with no luck

If you're going to throw away a 120GB drive, throw it my way!

;)

Do you have a proxy server (MSPROXY/ISA or Squid) ?  If so, you'll need to
point applications (Mozilla etc.) to use that.

Can you get to numerical addresses via http? (example: http://64.63.200.92)?

--
Matt Pankratz
http://www.mattyp.net