Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: help installing programs

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: help installing programs
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 16:38:22 -0500

Are you trying to scare this poor fellow off? ;-) Linux can have a steep
learning curve for those who didn't grow up before MSWindows, but anyone
familiar with DOS can usually grasp the concepts quickly enough.  While it
certainly helps to understand the all the underlying steps, it's not a
requirement.

That said, it still takes reading up on the commands that one may wish to use.
In this particular case, the RPM's that are to be installed are from an outside
source.  It's hard to be sure that they will actually install without problems,
reguardless of how familiar one is with the package management system.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vice Chairman & Secretary - info@xxxxxxxxx