Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: August 2002:
[linux-help] Re: help installing programs

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: help installing programs
From: Anne McCadden <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:53:19 -0500

I would recommend the book "Linux for Window Addicts" by Michael Joseph
Miller and Osborne press.  The "Linux administration for Dummies" is
also very good.  I also moved from Windows NT to linux and it hasn't
always been a smooth transition.  Reading some linux books and getting
help from the group has helped me get thru some rough spots.  Has a bit
of a steep learning curve.  Good luck and stay with it.  A person can do
so much more with linux that you can with NT -- that is in the long run.
 ttyl ~Anne