Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Red Hat 7.2 & grip

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Red Hat 7.2 & grip
From: Anne McCadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 21:57:49 -0600

Yes, Red Hat does install Grip by default as well as Pan.  I was really
tired while trying to get Grip to work, the program said that the
couldn't find the path to the encoder executable.  I was trying to use
the whereis command to try to find the path to the encoder and couldn't
find it.  I did find some interesting web sites that gives info on Grip,
various encoders and databases to store and retrieve the mp3 files as
needed.  I will look at the man and info pages again when I am not so
sleep deprived.  Thanks for the input.  I hope to see you at the next
meeting.

Have you tried Pan?  It is a great program and FREE.  I like it better
than Agent.  It is what I use to download mp3 files with.  Now I am
running out of hard drive space and mounting additional partitions into
my home directory.  The 30gb hard drive is getting full.  ttyl ~Ironrose