Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy
From: John Wheeler <jdwheeler42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 07:51:43 -0800 (PST)

Excellent point.  I certainly wouldn't want to use the
old setting; however, while I would always want
diplomacy on (embassy or contact), I wouldn't want
countries to be able to "spy" on me if they hadn't
gone to the trouble of establishing an embassy.  (When
I let you establish an embassy with me, it usually
means I'm ready to wipe you out. :-) So, I think the
real question is, if diplomacy is available on
contact, would anyone want to play with an embassy
established on contact?

++JohnWheeler