Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: February 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Diplomacy
From: Adam Czachorowski <gislan@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 00:46:31 +0100

Pami=EAtnego dnia Thu, 13 Feb 2003 23:08:01 +0000 (GMT) "Per I. Mathisen"
<per@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisa=B3(a):

>=20
> I suggest we change the condition for conducting diplomacy from having
> an embassy (as now) to merely having made contact.
>=20
> This will be a big change of gameplay; but that is also the only good
> reason I can see against it.
>=20
> Reasons for:
>   - It was this way in Civ2 (duh).
>   - Diplomats less important.
>   - No longer have to micromanage a diplomat into the land of each enemy
> to do diplomacy with him.
>   - It will be very hard to get diplomats to establish embassies with
>   AIs
> (and players) with autoattack.
>   - AI diplomacy (coming soon) is much more fun this way.

AI diplomacy coming soon? When?
=20
> If nobody objects, I'll put this change into the AI diplomacy patch (two
> lines of code change).

IMO it is good idea, but I have my own vision of diplomacy and spying in
Freeciv.
1. When you meet another nation you automagicaly gain embassy with this
nation
2. If you establish embassy using diplomat or spy you can do more thing
than you could do before
3. Even with embassy you don't gain any info about other nation, if their
ruler don't tell you anything
4. If player build 'sattelite system' wonder he gains some info about all
nations
5. If 'sattelite system' is built EVERY player can buy raports about other
nations (price depends on info type (number of units, cities, even their
locations))
What do you think about it? Is it good idea? What are your visions of
spying and diplomacy in Freeciv?

Regards
Adam

--=20